Instructions & Requirements
- Choose your Smart Surf Bundle and send the activation code (see table) via SMS to 3434:
For example: to activate the Smart Surf Month 2500 send SURFM2500 to 3434
To stop the service, sms "SURF STOP" to 3434.
- Confirmation message:
You will receive an SMS requesting to confirm the data service you have just applied for. Send A to confirm the requested data plan and after confirmation you will receive an SMS with the message that your data plan has been charged. Immediately after this you will receive another SMS confirming that your data plan has been activated.
- Check Balance and Expiration Date of Smart Surf Bundles:
SMS SURF VAL to 3434.
Before activating a Smart Surf Bundle, please take the following into consideration:
- A UTS 4G+ SIM card is required: you can visit any UTS Store to change your current SIM card for a 4G+ SIM card. This is free of charge.
- A compatible smartphone is required: double check if you have a smartphone device with the following frequencies: 2G: 900/1800 Mhz, 3G/4G: 850/2100 MHz, LTE: Band 3 (1800).
- Change the APN to PREMIUM on your device:
The APN setting on your device needs to be changed to the word “ premium” in order for the Smart Surf Bundles to work. These settings vary per device, but can often be found in Settings-> Mobile Network-> APN.
If you don’t have a smartphone with the right frequency, you can purchase a compatible smartphone at any UTS Store or UTS Authorized Distributor. Check available smartphones.
- The service is applicable for prepaid customers and can be activated anywhere on Curacao.
- Data in the Smart Surf Bundles can be used in Curaçao as well as in Chippieland.
- Calls to premium numbers (such as 0900 numbers) and messages sent to premium SMS services are charged at regular rate (not the reduced rate).
- Data usage will be charged per MB.
- A Smart Surf Bundle expires once the number of days has passed. There is no roll-over of residual data. Any residual balance expires as soon as the number of valid days of the Smart Surf Bundle has passed.
- When the data balance of the Smart Surf Bundle has been reached before the expiry date, you can choose to activate any desired data, voice or combo bundle.
- Smart Surf Bundles cannot be combined with Smart Combo Bundles, but can be combined with any Smart Talk Bundles or other voice service.