Instructions & Requirements
- Choose your Surf Bundle and send the activation code (see table) via SMS to 3434:
Example: To activate the 30 day large surf bundle, send “surf30dl” via SMS to 3434
- Check Balance and Expiration Date of Surf Bundles:
SMS SURF VAL to 3434.
- Stopping auto-renew:
To stop any surf bundle from auto-renewing send “surf stop” via SMS to 3434
Note: To stop the service successfully, please send the SMS command at least 30 minutes to 1 hour prior to the expiration time of the daily bundle.
Before activating a Surf Bundle, please take the following into consideration:
- A UTS 4G+ SIM card is required: you can visit any UTS Store to change your current SIM card for a 4G+ SIM card. This is free of charge.
- A compatible smartphone is required: double check if you have a smartphone device with the following frequencies: 2G: 900/1800 Mhz, 3G/4G: 850/2100 MHz, LTE: Band 3 (1800).
- Change the APN to PREMIUM on your device:
The APN setting on your device needs to be changed to the word “ premium” in order for the Surf Bundles to work. These settings vary per device, but can often be found in Settings-> Mobile Network-> APN.
If you don’t have a smartphone with the right frequency, you can purchase a compatible smartphone at any UTS Store or UTS Authorized Distributor. Check available smartphones.
- The service is applicable for prepaid customers and can be activated anywhere on Curaçao.
- Data in the Surf Bundles can be used in Curaçao as well as in Chippieland.
- Calls to premium numbers (such as 0900 numbers) and messages sent to premium SMS services are charged at regular rate (not the reduced rate).
- Data usage will be charged per MB.
- When the data balance of the Surf Bundle has been reached before the expiry date, you can choose to activate any desired data, voice or combo bundle.
- Surf Bundles cannot be combined with Combo Bundles, but can be combined with any Talk Bundles or other voice service.