Smartphone devices purchased at UTS have a 1-year standard manufacturer warranty included, and are serviced by a third party. This limited warranty is not transferable and temporary replacement is not included.
Smartphone devices are generally considered to be defective and covered under the manufacturer warranty if the handset has stopped working /properly function due to “no fault of the user”.
In this case, the customer should visit our Helpdesk at Brievengat
open from Monday to Friday 8:00 to 19:45 during weekdays and on Saturday from 10:00 to 17:45 with the following items: 1. The mobile device, including the original box and 2. the UTS warranty letter/ delivery receipt of the device. The UTS helpdesk will determine if the issue is based on the UTS service or the device itself. In case of a device issue and the device is still under warranty, the customer will be referred to the Authorized Service Center.
The following warranty conditions are applicable:
- The mobile device is under a manufacturer's warranty of 12 months from the date the device was received.
- Device warranties are not transferable from one customer to another.
- The warranty covers manufacturing defects only and does not cover the following:
A defective device under warranty will be either repaired or replaced, at no charge, in case the product proves to be defective as a result of improper material or workmanship (manufacturing defects).Replacement of the device during the warranty period is not mandatory during the repair of the issue, as the manufacturer decides if replacement of the device is required to solve the indicated issue. The Authorized Service Center needs 24- 48 hours to diagnose the issue of the device. After the indicated time, the Authorized Service Center can initiate the repair process that is required.Repair time is dependent on the issue; the Authorized Service Center will indicate the period required for the repair.During the repair period, the customer can be eligible to receive a “temporary device”, depending on the availability. The temporary device may not always be equal in model or features to the device being repaired. Customer should maintain a separate backup of the content of its storage media, remove all personal information that should be protected and disable all security passwords before submitting the device for warranty service at the Authorized Service Center. This includes disabling “Find my iPhone / iCloud “or any similar application where the customer credentials are required.The Authorized Service Center will not be responsible for loss of data during the repair process.Following warranty service, the device or a replacement device will be returned to the customer with the configuration reset to factory settings. The customer will be responsible for reinstalling all other software programs, data and information. Recovery and reinstallation of other software programs, data and information are not covered under this warranty.
- A device that has an expired warranty term.
- Products with removed or altered serial number.
- Products with modifications from un-Authorized Service Centers.
- Products with damage caused by inadequate and/or incorrect use (based on the service manual) or with exterior damage (dents, cosmetic damage, scratches, water damage, and food inside the unit.)
- Products with damage caused by Installation, repair, or reinstallation from un-Authorized Service Centers.
- Products with damage due to transportation by the customer.
- Products with damage caused by loss or accidents such as fires, power/voltage fluctuations, vandalism, water, sand, insects, or other foreign substance.
- Products with damage caused by natural calamities such as earthquakes, hurricanes, flooding, electrical storms, etc.
- Low brightness on screen due to normal aging in the screen tube, lamp, or burnt images.
- Data back-up or problems caused by software installed or downloaded after purchase.
- Accessories: batteries, chargers, USB Cable and Headset.